View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 BluFor Planning Room 
Site Admin

RIPTIDE wrote:
SA-Admin.

Can you tell me which version exactly is being run for the event? Is it the latest Stable Beta patch? Can you confirm if it is the case that the 51st server will be running 1.2.8.27203? I get confused as I'm sure others do, between the latest Release 1.2.8, and the latest Beta patch state.

Also, can you supply us with a list of Files that will be used in the Integrity Regime. Thanks.

Sure, I'll double check with 51st and revert back asap.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:08 am
Site Admin

Gents, 51st server will be running Non Beta 1.2.8 (Release version). So just make sure that your MAIN DCS is updated to the latest build.

IC list is as follows:
"Config/Weapons",
"Config/Effects/ParticleSystem2",
"Config/World",
"Scripts/compile.lua",
"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/customhuman.lua",
"Scripts/Database/db_sensors.lua",
"Scripts/Database/db_weapons.lua",
"Scripts/Database/db_weapons_data.lua",
"Scripts/Database/HelicopterConst.lua",
"Scripts/Database/PlaneConst.lua",
"Scripts/Database/SFM_Data.lua",
"Scripts/Database/scripts",
"Bazar/World/Shapes"
"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/customhuman.lua",

Fri May 02, 2014 7:50 pm

The two installs is exactly same, both the DCS open beta and DCS release.

Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Right. SA-Admin:

Other questions. In what role does the GCI operator be allowed within the Server? Is he allowed to operate the SAM states (red/green)? Observer, JTAC and Ground Controller are different roles we can enter as CA. Also, the Tankers on our server we have set as invincible. We discovered that some patches ago, a tanker getting shot down could crash a server. Is there any info that might suggest leaving them as valid targets won't crash the server in this patch?

Here's my provisional plan and ideas.

There are about 24 targets at Gudauta on the Ground. 4 SA-15 Tors + 2 SA-13 Strelas and a bunch of Static objects and APC/IFV type stuff. I see comments earlier about the SU-25T on red with SEAD. I have checked the mission file. It appears all weapons are unlimited for their bases that they take off from. SO they will have SEAD available. (Note: Friendly airbases on Blue.... all 3 Tblisi airbases have stocks of weapons and only Batumi. Other blue airbases have fuel (Sukhumi for example) but no weapons of any type. Good for them.

We have 3 x A-10C's. I'm no expert on the A-10C systems. I know how to fly it, employ all the munitions and do some SPI broadcast. I don't know about the GPS capabilities regarding targeting. Isn't it the case that the A-10C can store up to 40 Waypoint/Markpoints? Can the GPS details be used and hand entered to create a markpoint with a descriptor?

If this is true I would suggest that the A-10C pilots use the mission that we have been given to each input the 24/25 ground target GPS details into their NAV system before takeoff? Or is that necessary? Will the A-10C guys feel confident that they can create their markpoints while egressing onto the target from some range away?

Also, I would like to know how many AGM-65s salvo'D from 3 A-10C's will it take to guarantee me the destruction of 4 x SA-15's in one attack?

Historically in many other events the Ground Attack guys sometimes were sitting for an hour or more, or waiting for authorization to move in from a safe area to a target long after the mission started. In some cases Ground Attack craft never got a chance. What is clear from many other events is that we start off with a 'surge' A big rush by the A2A assets to establish their lines, and then the A2G guys wait until they get the green light to move ahead. The one thing about the A-10 even back in FC1/2 days was their ability to rifle off a bunch of AGM-65Ds and then get the hell out of dodge... if they only got a few minutes of a window to rush in and rush out again.

For the A2A, we have 2 flights. 104th, and UVAF, and some guy called 'Slash' I don't know who Slash is? Is he English Speaking or Russian Speaking?

I would like us to split into flights, as in common sense, along the squad lines. 2 flights.

The first thing I notice is the slight advantage the Red Side have at the Start. They have 3 MiG-29s at Maykop vs 2 Mig-29s of ours at Batumi. A2A flights need to be aware that our ground assets at Sukhumi include 4 x SA-15 tors. Sukhumi is a visual marker... this is your safe area to extend to. Gaduata is where the enemy SA-15 Tors are at. Don't push like a fool in this area. Hold the line, and bracket the enemy in this area. I can imagine our flight forming a cup shape hold around gudauta, keeping the Su-25T and their protection at bay from getting too close. THeir SEAD missiles may be launched from some range.... I'm not sure on how the SA-15 behaves at longish range. Will it blink? Will a Kh-58 hit it reliably in this 1.2.8 version at long range if the SA-15 become activated?

So... these are my thoughts. And these are the snapshots from the Editor. I'll await a few ideas, and tomorrow morning (EU) I will make up an Air Tasking order with a proper map etc. The points are done in such a way as to add a reasonable balance. 240-250 points in the target areas vs 50 points per fighter is balanced. For the record, we have ships present there is no points allotted to them.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm not taking the A-10s in there till we know our fighters have them busy.
My thinking is that we take off and head North west, out to the ocean, low or very high, and then attack from the South West or West, ocean side. Run Sukhumi for cover if need be.
Take 6 AGM-65D's, and perhaps two GBU-38s. 4 Aim9s. 60% fuel. TGP.

The A-10s will be able to take care of the TORs in one pass as long as the other A-10s know what they are doing. I will talk to them and we will split up the TORs with the coordinates I have posted a page ago on this. We do NOT need 50 fucking markers. Jesus. We only need the coordinates for the SA-15s, and SA-13s. The AAA are almost right there next to the SA-15s, except for two which are by the runway, should be easy to spot. The rest of the targets will be easy to see as well.
What I have done is I drew out a little map that I will keep on the desk to make sure I know where everything is. I have it all marked and ready to go. I will also recommend that the other A-10s do the same thing.

So we have 4 TORs as our PRIMARY targets
Secondary targets for us will be the two SA-13s to the East.
Tertiary targets will include taking out the AAA which is a no biggy.

Then all that remains are the ground targets. Which there aren't that many of, and we can finish off everything on the ground with guns in a few passes.

Since the TORs are primary threat and need to be engaged by all of our A-10s at the same time.
Expect about 60% of them to actually hit their targets if we shoot individually. A second pass will be needed to finish them off. We will be able to do this at medium low altitude and about 7nm RMax.

The alternative way of doing this is firing two mavs each for each TOR. So that's 6 Mavs for each A-10 (x3) so 18 Mavs we have in play (If we all survive).

4 TORs to kill, so 8 Mavs needed.

I can engage two TOR locations at the same time, so that's 4 Mavs gone, with 2 left for me, I can use those two Mavs left for me to kill the SA-13s as well. All I would need is for the other two A-10s to fire off two mavs each at the other two TORs.

That leaves the other two A-10s with 4 mavs each, to kill off the 4 AAA that will remain. So if we lose 1 A-10, we should still have enough MAVs to be able to kill the remaining threats. As long as all three were at play to kill the TORs.

If we lose even one A-10 BEFORE engaging any TORs, we are at a slight loss. We will still be able to kill off ALL the TORs and the two STRELAs, but we would be a little bit screwed with the AAA. Can engage with guns at 1.0nm Rmin, but it's a little risky.

Assuming it all goes according to plan, that takes care of the Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary targets.
Then all that's left is to kill all the ground shit with guns and we are done.

This REALLY isn't that difficult for us, assuming we get GOOD air coverage. But they will have 3 Migs on us vs the two that will cover us from the start. This is a problem.... They will be there in force, and their SU-25Ts are much faster than us so they will get to their targets first as well.

Their SEAD is more effective at close range, but the problem I'm seeing is that a SINGLE SU-25T will be able to take out 80% of the TORs. Where as it would take all 3 A-10s with simultaneous launches to achieve the same result.

I'd know, I tested it out.
The SEAD that the SU-25T can fire is MORE effective if he gets close. What I do, is get as close as the range at which the first TOR fires at me, then I launch all the SEAD missiles I have in sequence. On one try, i got ALL the TORs down using that mechanic. If he tries to shoot at stand off range, just under RMax, then some of those missiles will be shot down for sure, and you get about 50% accuracy. It depends on how quickly you can fire them off at the same time. The faster the better at the same time.

We are at a SEVERE disadvantage time wise due to this.

I mean I can deal with it I guess, I don't mean to bitch or moan, but if we are talking what's fair... well... yeah. There's that.

PS: why do they get TOR coverage over Adler? Shouldn't that base be civilian neutral?

Sat May 03, 2014 5:45 am

Yes, Ralfi, good points there and thanks.

As for the unbalance at the start... the way I see it, we proceed with the A-10s until you get told it's dangerous and then you turn back and loiter. There's always the chance that some of their pilots don't show up, that they crash, that they screw up some way. So we push ahead, and then turn back and loiter or maybe put her down at Senaki or whatever. It's a 2 hour mission, I know the A-10s can loiter for close to that figure... external fuel tank an idea to get a full mission loiter time?

Sat May 03, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm Slash RIP :roll:

If you take the F-15C and full load including 3 fuel tanks and go full AB from Vaziani you are out of fuel when arriving at Senaki and all you have left is just enough to land. That flight takes 15:37 and the refueling/rearming takes 10 minutes to get you in the air again if you refuel on the runway. The runway is quite wide at Senaki so it is fully possible to refuel more than one aircraft on the runway there. The backdraw in this is that senaki does not have any fueltanks, so if you drop your tanks they are gone. To have new tanks the blue side needs to go to Batumi. I recomend going 450knots at 90-92% RPM from Vaziani and drop tanks when empty and refuel at Senaki, you will then have no fuel tanks and configured for a fight. So we just need some god given pilots in those two MiG-29 from start that can protect blue bulls. The 2 target areas have low SAM coverage and can be overflown at 24000.

Sat May 03, 2014 4:59 pm

HiJack wrote:
I'm Slash RIP :roll:

If you take the F-15C and full load including 3 fuel tanks and go full AB from Vaziani you are out of fuel when arriving at Senaki and all you have left is just enough to land. That flight takes 15:37 and the refueling/rearming takes 10 minutes to get you in the air again if you refuel on the runway. The runway is quite wide at Senaki so it is fully possible to refuel more than one aircraft on the runway there. The backdraw in this is that senaki does not have any fueltanks, so if you drop your tanks they are gone. To have new tanks the blue side needs to go to Batumi. I recomend going 450knots at 90-92% RPM from Vaziani and drop tanks when empty and refuel at Senaki, you will then have no fuel tanks and configured for a fight. So we just need some god given pilots in those two MiG-29 from start that can protect blue bulls. The 2 target areas have low SAM coverage and can be overflown at 24000.

I'm planning on us using MIL power from Vaziana with tanks. The Flankers on RED will have the same issue from ANAPA (the tanks are not a problem for them except for the MiG for their side). Refuel at Senaki or anywhere else that is not Batumi is emergency use really for fighters.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:18 pm
Site Admin

RIPTIDE wrote:
Right. SA-Admin:
Other questions. In what role does the GCI operator be allowed within the Server? Is he allowed to operate the SAM states (red/green)? Observer, JTAC and Ground Controller are different roles we can enter as CA. Also, the Tankers on our server we have set as invincible. We discovered that some patches ago, a tanker getting shot down could crash a server. Is there any info that might suggest leaving them as valid targets won't crash the server in this patch?

According to 51st server admin: CA role shall be JTAC, just a visual presentation of fog of war for CA operatives only.

Tanker-wise, Frostie tested this today and it seems to be working properly.

Sat May 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Meeting in TS3 will be?

Sat May 03, 2014 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next