View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 RedFor Planning Room 
Site Admin

Welcome gents to RedFor planning room. This section can only be accessed by RedFor pilots.
Please feel free to discuss your strategy for Operation "Joint Warrior".

Remember, the objective for both sides is to establish air to air superiority at Bullseye and co-ordinate with the air to ground assets to strike the primary enemy airfield (Sukhumi) once your side has control of the air.

Also make sure to protect your high-value assets, like AWACS and the tanker.

You can find attached to this post a copy of the mission file.

GCI - Remember that there will be a human operator guiding you through TeamSpeak.

Any inquiry, please do not hesitate.

Out.

Attachments:
Op_Joint_Warrior_V2.rar [42.65 KiB]
Downloaded 193 times
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:14 am

Just one quick question, as of today 1.2.8 went live and past beta status. Does this change anything for the mission on May 3rd? So far i know it is on 1.2.7 and was wondering if i should go on to update my game or leave as it is.Thanks.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Please do not update immediately. I will talk to 51st and see if 1.2.8 is worth it stability-wise. I will come back with an answer asap.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:36 pm

CP from a reply of mine to DCS forum thread:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2 ... tcount=195

Many vital things are missing or still ''work in progress'' in the new 1.2.8.

Since I m going to fly the 33, AoA indicator, airspeed indicator, jammer lamp, fuel indicator, doesn't work as intended.

su25t also have no lamps for ECM and IR jammers working at the moment.
F15 AFM is still work in progress (although i did not fly it in beta RC3 to be honest).

Ka50, mi8, huey, a10c, su25, mig29, su27
have no issues with 1.2.8 but no major additions if any as well.

So overall we have 3 modules that are not working as intended in 1.2.8 but they are perfectly functional in 1.2.7 (minus 6dof and AFM).

In my opinion, in a PvP competition like this, correct functionality has to be above eye candy.

EDIT:
MP stability wise, I personally could not pinpoint any stability improvements over 1.2.7 version, at least in our server (373vFS phoenix).
No drawbacks either, except 2-3 mem leak problems on my side (player) during MP mission loading.

I personally did not update the official version to 1.2.8 yet. I will update when things get better. For eye candy and some fancy stuff like sling loads and AFM I run the 1.2.8 beta anyway.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:21 am

Also updated to 1.2.8 already... :( sry!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:49 am
Site Admin

Thanks TaliG for your insight. I replied to your post on ED forums. Looks like we will move to 1.2.8.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:55 am

SA Staff wrote:
[...] Looks like we will move to 1.2.8.

GREATEST NEWS in DCS history!!! :D :D And MAAAAYBEEE the ED DEVs will even manage to hot-fix the server-crash issue and other minor tweaks before this weekend!!! :D (I pray to god those devs are reading this sentence in this forum here... -.- :D )

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi All,

With just a few days left, are we going to do some flight planning, mark major objectives and task the flights with flight-leaders and etc?

I am pretty sure 51st sqd will be ready and will have their flights sorted, however the rest of us, especially non-squadron participants may need to do some more prep work.

I'd love to take on some planning but will not have the time to do so over the week. However I'd at least like to get in contact with the other fighters/strikers flying out of Maykop, so we arrange flights, flight-leads and in general talk about how we will fly and communicate together - no point in having lone-wolf planes all around making for easy blue-on-red kills...

Cheers

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Yes, this is really important, also us Su-25T pilots (M3tatron and 373VFS SPANKER, I count on you reading this!!) gotta sort out ASAP which striker goes SEAD ("Fantasmogoria"-pod I suppose) and which goes Striking tanks etc ("Mercury" LLTV pod).

Should we do 1 SEAD + 2 Strikers or 2 SEAD + 1 Striker? (Your ideas)

And also really important when we stick together as a group of three, we could use at least two fighter jets covering our *sses, being on standby near us all the time/in our area. :)

Can the 3 MiG-29S by Kunz, =36=Gaanalma and =2IAE=FahhhBG take over that task please?

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Ok guys i'm a bit pushed for time to help out but I've drawn up a brief plan to help get the ball rolling

REDFOR

Maykop –

HAMMER FLIGHT - 3 x Su-25T

M3tatron
373VFS SPANKER
DanielNL

VADER FLIGHT - 1 x Su-27, 3 x MiG-29S

373rd_Talos

Kunz
=36=Gaanalma
=2IAE=FahhhBG

Anapa –

COBRA FLIGHT - 3 x Su-27

<51>Breakshot
<51>Rage
<51>Frostie

EAGLE FLIGHT - 3 x Su-27

<51>X-man
<51>Soviet
<51>Teknetinium

SNIPER FLIGHT - 2 x Su-27

373vFS_TaliG
373vFS_Greg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE THREAT
Batumi –
3 x A-10C
2 x MiG-29S

Tbilisi –
4 x Su-27
6 x F-15C

_____________________________________________________________________________________

REMEMBER WE HAVE TO DEFEND GUDAUTA WHILST ATTACKING SUKHUMI.
ALSO OUR AWACS AND TANKER AS WELL AS THEIRS ARE HIGH VALUE TARGETS.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fortunately/hopefully we will have GCI operating and he will be able to co-ordinate you, relay info when to press and when to run to safety, bandit location, friendly locations, friendly status etc. He will also send you to safe areas or arrange for you to intercept bandits depending on his role.

***********************************************************************************
Now the role of GCI can be quite taxing so PLEASE don't spam him or ask for unnecessary requests.
***********************************************************************************
We will all be on teamspeak together but flights will be on separate channels and the GCI will have his own channel, so you(or the flight lead) will need shortcuts -push-to-talk- to each of these channels, from looking at the roll-call there is probably going to be 6 channels (1 GCI and 5 Flight). I recommend using keypad on your keyboard. eg. numerical 1 = flight 1, numerical 6 = GCI.

If you don't know how to sort this out post up and I can give details plus if you turn up early on the day we can sort it out

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To request info from GCI you will need to first just announce yourself to him with your flights callsign followed by his
eg.
COBRA Flight =you
OVERLORD = GCI

COBRA Flight Lead: OVERLORD, COBRA
..few seconds may pass
OVERLORD : COBRA, OVERLORD, GO AHEAD

you can then relay your request to OVERLORD.

This is to stop an overload of chat flying his way and he can deal with flights at his own pace. Remember he has a clear picture available to him and he will prioritise who need the most attention.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GUARD CHANNEL
You need to set a GUARD CHANNEL which will talk to all flights, this can be Numerical 0.
It is important to not spam this channel and must only be used to announce when
1.on station
2.when RTB
3.in absolute urgency or to give a green light for Strikers to press in.

Please understand that when talking on this channel other flights comms will be distrupted.
On station and RTB calls are necessary to keep a good picture for all flights.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAMMER FLIGHT

3 x Su-25T
M3tatron
373VFS SPANKER
DanielNL

YOUR INITIAL TASK SHOULD BE TO ATTACK SUKHUMI
This consists of Tor's, Strelas and minor armour/infantry.

You guys are the most valuable assets to us, its important you don't get into danger and you must concentrate on staying safe.
If you get to the target area and have a free run make sure one guy stays as overwatch to lookout and call out ground launches on your buddies so they can flare and defend.
Like Daniel says I suggest you guys stick together but don't keep too close, and if merged with bandits then it is probably best to split up.

Payloads are your discretion or what fits your plan but I suggest initially at least two carrying SEAD, here are some recommended payloads.

Phantasmagoria
2*KH-58
Vikhrs
2*KH-25MPU
2*R-73

Phantasmagoria
2*KH-29T
2*KH-25MPU
2*KH-25MPU
2*R-73

Phantasmagoria
2*KH-29T
Vikhrs
KH-25MPU
2*R-73

2*KH-29T
Vikhrs
2*R-73

For killing tanks/strelas and getting a quick exit the KH-29T is a better choice than a vikhr, it allows you to fire and forget so you can get out of there, this is invaluable considering your 1 life value to REDFOR and the threat of fighters.

VADER FLIGHT

1 x Su-27
373rd_Talos

3 x MiG-29S
Kunz
=36=Gaanalma
=2IAE=FahhhBG

YOUR TASK SHOULD BE TO PROTECT HAMMER FLIGHT (SU-25T)
It may or may not benefit to stay on the same channel as HAMMER, it's up to you and them.
Personally I would select Fahhh as flight lead, he has extensive experience in this kind of scenario.

If you guys get up quick you should be on the front first and may only face 2 MiG-29s initially. Obviously the main problem is mountains and enemy GCI these two combined could be nasty if you're not careful.

An absolute must is staying safe and not pushing into dangerous areas or get sucked in to incoming support fighters, remember you may be chasing a bandit with just nails and no lock on your nose but TWS shots will be about 70-90% of shots from blue. You only have 1 life remember.

SUKHUMI is a very dangerous area to be so don't go there, unless supporting HAMMER.
CERTAINLY DO NOT FLY OVER SUKHUMI

As for TALOS you may prefer to join your buddies in Sniper Flight. But it would be ideal considering your at Maykop if you can first push out to Gudauta with VADER to help support extra contacts on the enemy scope, and then join your buddies when they reach Sochi.

SNIPER FLIGHT

2 x Su-27

373vFS_TaliG
373vFS_Greg

I don't know but maybe Talos will join you, is that your plan?

You guys would be best operating amongst EAGLE AND COBRA to create the main CAP, we will push out to Gudauta region and try and control the airspace. We will interchange as to who is pressing, sometimes we may be requested to all press, sometimes one flight will remain behind to cover.

One important aspect I haven't covered here is the defense of our AWACS and Tanker.
I don't know how good GCI coverage will be but i'd hazard a guess that if blue were to attack them they'd choose a North Easterly route possibly through the mountains.
Really depending on the situation we may need to keep a flight deeper for such an emergency.

Key tips
Save fuel as much as possible, staying on station for long durations is key.
MiG's would be best taking off will full Mil power not burners.
Remember most of the enemy fighters will be using silent lock TWS shots, at '2 bars left' range on the RWR they could already be sending a missile your way from high.
Call on Guard when you're on station or RTB.

That's my brief outline to help get you guys going, if you see some issues, changes need making, or some suggestions get posting. This is everyones brief to have a say.

Thanks

Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next