View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 RedFor Planning Room 

Good work Frostie! The general plan looks good.

I plan to do some flying tonight and get to know the mission area and terrain as well as specific timing and etc. - perhaps we can plan a training on Friday and get everyone together on TS to finish any planning and preparation - could also do a dry run of the mission.

I am happy to lead the Vader flight if the other MiG pilots are okay with this - it is indeed imperative we stay safe and save fuel as much as we can.

With VADER flight's main task to protect HAMMER, I'd like to coordinate our flight-plan with theirs and I think it would be wise to have the strikers on stand-by in a safe area until we gain air-superiority in the target area. So please elect a flight lead (HAMMER) and we can discuss the details further.

And we also need to keep our eyes/radars wide open due to the terrain obstacles and possible lack of GCI coverage in the mountains...

I guess COBRA/EAGLE/SNIPER will mostly stick to the coast line?

Thu May 01, 2014 10:11 am

Hey Frostie! :D

AWESOME long post, wonder how a forum could even handle it... xD

I like the "Hammer"-flight name! ;)

"REMEMBER WE HAVE TO DEFEND GUDAUTA WHILST ATTACKING SUKHUMI."

Will there be enemy ground commander? So will we have to prepare to engage moving enemy tanks (which are moving towards Gudauta)??

"ALSO OUR AWACS AND TANKER AS WELL AS THEIRS ARE HIGH VALUE TARGETS."

So, what flight shall we assign to defend those two? Some Su-27 is what I have in mind.

Also nice idea with that "GUARD CHANNEL" ! :D

"For killing tanks/strelas and getting a quick exit the KH-29T is a better choice than a vikhr, it allows you to fire and forget so you can get out of there, this is invaluable considering your 1 life value to REDFOR and the threat of fighters."

Only problem is we will not see if target is hit... will the -29T also track moving targets?

Also, the MiGs, don't forget to take the external fuel tank in the middle bay and drop it as soon as it is empty (indicated by 1 lamp burning). (And when using ECM, disable it when F-15 AMRAAM fired at you, since they and I believe also sparrow have HOJ-"home on jam" feature!! What is your opinion about this, Frostie? I am planning on using ECM and IR jam as soon as our Su-25T get close to enemy territory? )

And it is ESSENTIAL that we take down the enemy AWACS before they take down ours!!! (If we even manage to attack it) I'm just worried we have to look on the map all the time to check if any aircraft is heading towards our AWACS (or tanker)...

Thx for reply, fahhhbg!

I don't mind leading the Hammer flight, but I imagine 373VFS-SPANKER would prefer leading, if not "M3tatron" ? (Else, I can lead.)

And, Vader flight (3 x MiG-29S: Kunz, =36=Gaanalma, =2IAE=FahhhBG), do you prefer to fly reeeally low lever, hiding in mountains from enemy AWACS, flying close to / below our Su-25T HAMMER-flight? )

Thu May 01, 2014 11:34 am

Hi DanielNL,

Despite the awacs/gci cover for both sides I do not prefer flying down low in the mountains - you lose SA and depend more or less on being lucky to spot the enemy first - not to mention the increased fuel use/limited on-station time. If things get too hot we can dive and disappear in the hills however I'd personally stay higher and work with the radar and our gci. With a bit looser formation we can cover our asses and do well.

We will stay close and mostly ahead of you(until you reach the target zone that is) to provide protection and early warning for you guys.

Thu May 01, 2014 11:59 am

Just a question, who's going to take over GCI duties?

Thu May 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Alright, sry, just found out that GCI is NOT ground commander but Ground-controlled interception... -.- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-con ... terception

BUT, WILL we have moving ground units?? Yes? No? (Didn't check mission yet)

Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 am

ALERT: Mission file only includes TWO and not THREE Su-25T ! ! !

Fri May 02, 2014 7:12 am
Site Admin

@Kunz: Frostie is going to announce who will be GCI operator for Redfor soon.

@DanielNL: Thanks mate, 1 of the Su-25Ts was indeed set to AI instead of client. fixed now.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:26 am

DanielNL wrote:
"For killing tanks/strelas and getting a quick exit the KH-29T is a better choice than a vikhr, it allows you to fire and forget so you can get out of there, this is invaluable considering your 1 life value to REDFOR and the threat of fighters."

Only problem is we will not see if target is hit... will the -29T also track moving targets?

KH-29T is like a Maverick, fire and forget. It hardly ever fails to hit.

Quote:
Also, the MiGs, don't forget to take the external fuel tank in the middle bay and drop it as soon as it is empty (indicated by 1 lamp burning). (And when using ECM, disable it when F-15 AMRAAM fired at you, since they and I believe also sparrow have HOJ-"home on jam" feature!! What is your opinion about this, Frostie? I am planning on using ECM and IR jam as soon as our Su-25T get close to enemy territory? )

IR jammer ON, always.

ECM against enemy fighters, if you're ever locked at quarter strength or less on RWR then turn OFF, then turn back ON.
This is to remove risk of getting HOJ'd where you won't get a launch warning until its too late.

Leave ON until 2 bars from full strength, that is the approximate burnthrough.

Fri May 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Roger that.

Fri May 02, 2014 3:52 pm

59thLefty shall be GCI for RedFor.

Fri May 02, 2014 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next