View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 JOINT WARRIOR 4 - CLAIMING/REPORTING 

SA Staff wrote:
Rush wrote:
Aleman had the same fate and is one of our best pilots, minutes from the start he was destroyed by an invisible missile that give no RWR signal at any stage of the flight.
Regards.

The death of Aleman is perfectly normal because he was sustaining a roll angle superior to 30 deg whilst the 120 was in Pitbull range, so the RWR won't pick up anything and he will get no warning. Many people are not aware of this limitation but it does exist since early LO versions and is supposed to simulate RWR's blind spots.

Hi Flanker in this case I dont agree with your answer and we know the limitation for a while ago!, I have been more than 30 degrees roll and if the missile is above or below the 30 degrees azimuth of elevation vs the aircraft plane, in this case I dont detect it, but in this particular case, aleman was head to head with the 120 and rolling slowly, this is not problem to detect the pitbull ARH signal of the 120 if the missile approach is between the elevation range of -+30 degrees, and I quote the SU-27 manual "The system provides detection of radar signals at the following angles: Azimuth - +/- 180, and Elevation Range - +/- 30."

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:50 am
Site Admin

Hey Rush,

The topic here is about DCS not RL and AFAIK, if you bank more than 30 deg, your RWR won't pick up threats and will go silent, once again in Flaming Cliffs.
Aleman was clearly in a sustained turn when he got shot down; he got no warning because he was banking past the RWR limit.

Besides, RWR or not, that loss stands as I see no reason why it would not.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:27 pm

Quote:
Hey Alpha,

Assist-wise, DCS will attribute the kill to the last attacker but Tacview shows Mamba getting shot down by Cygon's R-73. If it was only damaged by Cygon's missile, then your AIM-9 would have finished the target therefore you would be credited with the kill and Cygon would get an assist. But since the target was shot down upon first R-73 hit, then Cygon needs to be credited with the kill while an assist will be counted for you.

Regarding your loss, nobody was engaging you in close quarters or firing missiles at you, so that was a plain crash.

understandable on the air kill / assist, it was just debatable between what happens in game and the TacView, figured id give my view on how it happend. As far as the death, just a plain death is fine, that's more understandable to me, i would completely understand if i saw the guy coming and i was performing evasive maneuvers to evade him. but crediting someone a kill just for being in the vicinity when i hit the ground, didn't make sense to me. thank you

Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 am

Hi gents

JW, Blue vs. Green.

Tacview 01:29:21 - I shot on WinchesterDelta and he crashed. I assist (force) him on that crash? :twisted:

S!

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:31 am
Site Admin

238thFalcon wrote:
Hi gents

JW, Blue vs. Green.

Tacview 01:29:21 - I shot on WinchesterDelta and he crashed. I assist (force) him on that crash? :twisted:

S!

Yes, target crashed while being engaged by you, so granted.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:33 pm
Site Admin

Claiming is closed now for JW4.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3