View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 RED FLAG ROUND 4 - CLAIMING/REPORTING 
Site Admin

TwinScroll wrote:
I should be credited with splashing 104th_Spade, see screens below. Destroyed by 3 slammers well before TAW_OverG's missile hit his wreckage.
All my missiles were off the rail before my teammates. Is that still a kill share?

You have been credited with a full kill (50pts) on Spade and OverG got a kill share (25pts) as his missile hit way after the target was destroyed.

TwinScroll wrote:
This isn't an oversight, maybe a bug worth sharing on ED forums.
My 120 looks like it nailed octuplefire at UTC 153.20:33:12
How did such a direct hit cause so little damage?

I'm also surprised but this wasnt the first time I saw this especially with the F-15.
Its known it can sustain more damage than other jets but this is obviously a bug or something, nothing much I can do about it scoring wise though. I could have credited you with at least a kill share if he was destroyed by someone else after that incident but it seems he could get back home safe and probably repaired. Double tap next time :)

Out of curiosity, did you ask him if he lost something, at least HUD and/or hydraulics...?

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm
Site Admin

Bushmanni wrote:
First of all, cockpit video of my TK. https://youtu.be/pCSWDTl-YJ0
Just like in previous RF, friendly flew between me and my target and I failed to spot him due to target fixation until it was too late. Tacview time 01:04:39 (server acmi).

Yes Bushmanni, exactly same as last RF...a bit unlucky. Anyway that will count as a normal loss only as it was clearly not intentional or reckless, so no additional penalties. I have also updated the rule about TK's and from now on anyone getting into a merge must broadcast it to the whole team on TS otherwise will be held accountable if teamkilled.

Bushmanni wrote:
Kill share (at most) with TAW_redcoreSix. Tacview time 0:30:00. We both engaged F99th - Hawss and both hit him with missiles and DCS registered this kill for me, although my missile most likely wouldn't have hit unless redcoreSix's missiles hadn't have him crippled first.

Ya, full kill for RedcoreSix and killshare for you. Thanks for your sportsmanship!

Bushmanni wrote:
Kill claim on behalf of RedShot. Tacview time +1:50:00. 104th_Presing and SF_RedShot engage each other and both fly into the ground while evading missiles.

Yes, both got a maneuver kill each, thanks!

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 pm

I would like to claim a kill and have my death removed.

Video of the kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnUUy9Y ... e=youtu.be

You can see that this is allready after my alleged death. If you want to have a video of me landing safely at the end of the match, I have that aswell.

The tacview which is the least corrupted for me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kqOB ... JEdG8/view

Thanks you and it was a great event.

Edit: I would also like to point out the tacview video you posted (mavericks video) on the RF4 results page. If you look at the end of the video, it has me flying around and scoring the kill on octuplefire. Somehow Tiger gets awarded with this kill.

Edit 2: I see now why tiger gets the kill. In the corrupted tacview, tiger is me and i am Loner. Loner was in a mig-29 and he died of a crash (which I got the death for). That is why you see me in a F-15 firing R-77's and ET's. Tigers tacview shows me killing octuplefire. Look at the linked tacview, it is tiger his tacview. It seems you used the server tacview for scoring, which was allready said to be corrupted on the ED forum thread. Maverick used Tiger his tacview for the video because it was less corrupted.

Aparently replays can link the wrong players to the aircraft.

Next time I will just record the whole thing in shadowplay with the log open. The server messages will be the most accurate. The only thing it won't show is manouver kills and shared kills. A non corrupt tacview could help with that.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:02 pm
Site Admin

fixen wrote:
I would like to claim a kill and have my death removed.

Granted.

We are aware that things could get messy when generating an ACMI from a replay, this is why we keep the door open for feedback from participants. No need to be annoyed, all you need to do is to post a claim and its evidence. Our goal is to be transparent and fair to every competitor.

Tiger's ACMI has its own flaws too, that is why I used TwinScroll's for the scoring.

Server logs are also hardly reliable especially with Slmod. Sometimes it doesn't register the kill and most of the time the kill is given to whoever hit the target last or actually what's left of it, which is of course inaccurate.

That is why ACMI's are a must as we try to combine data from all sources (Server + Tacview) including the players themselves in order to end up with accurate results.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks for clearing it up.
I would like to apologize if I came across a bit agressive in some of my posts.
Normally I tend to be a bit more understanding, I probably got out of the wrong side of the bed.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:44 pm
Site Admin

fixen wrote:
Thanks for clearing it up.
I would like to apologize if I came across a bit agressive in some of my posts.
Normally I tend to be a bit more understanding, I probably got out of the wrong side of the bed.

It's all fine and we are glad that you enjoyed your time flying RF.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:55 am
Site Admin

Topic closed and rankings will be updated shortly.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:10 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2