View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 FC3 and TMC 

With the output of FC3, although in beta, we expect the cancellation of the TMC for testing the new simulator?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:45 pm
Site Admin

Gaanalma wrote:
With the output of FC3, although in beta, we expect the cancellation of the TMC for testing the new simulator?

Hi Diego,

I'm not sure DCSW is stable enough to handle a 60ish-player tactical mission. Initial plan for "SA Battles" was to switch to DCSW as soon as FC3 is released, but servers need to undergo a lot of testing beforehand. So let's see how 1.2.2 version works before setting any date for round 2.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Thx for the reply....

See you soon!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:33 pm

I played on the 104th server last night and there was a lot of random disconnects. DCS World version 1.2.2 is not in "match mode" yet so make plans with FC2 in mind.

Jack

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 am
Site Admin

HiJack wrote:
I played on the 104th server last night and there was a lot of random disconnects. DCS World version 1.2.2 is not in "match mode" yet so make plans with FC2 in mind.

Jack

Thanks for the feedback HJ, I do hope debugging goes well and fast so ED can step in and patch 1.2.2 as soon and as efficiently as possible. FC3 itself is still beta which means that it is not "officially" released yet. It would be a shame to be forced to stick to FC2. Time will tell.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 am

I played today in the morning...

FC3 Have same Bug of FC2...

Beta release it's too beta.... I'm afraid for semiactive missile.... You cant' ear missil lauch...

In multiplayer, whit 7Mb download and 1 Mbit Upload connection on I7 920 2.66Mhz 16Gb ram SV Nvidia 430 1Mb I can Host in Lan only 8 Client in a non Crowded mission.

Tomorrow, 36° Stormo Virtuale, will carry out a test on a connection of 100MB...

See you

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:45 pm
Site Admin

Thanks Diego for your updates. Indeed and as you mentioned, there is still a stability issue with DCSW, sometimes testing feedback sounded promising ans some other time it didn't. I think it's the whole DCSW module system that is a bit tricky to handle and it might need permanent care from ED just like any plugin based system. Stand-alone products like FC2 are easier to tweak by nature. DCSW involves many interacting products which makes it much more sensitive as every detail matters and could potentially cause stability issues.
I'm sure ED works hard to minimize current flaws as much as possible. Please let us know how the testing goes for 36° Stormo Virtuale.

S!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm

We flew in 12 ... on a server 100Mb unfortunately lan mode because the server was hosted by Fastweb, a provider with a particular type of connection ...

The net speed of DCS was set to lan for both the server and the client

We noted that 20 to 30 min, although the server remained on, clients were kicked out ... probably are not deleted tread ..

The mission that we tested had about 200 more AI client ... we did not notice it it Warping Lag and ping were all below 100

Most likely it is important as well as the connection bandwidth of the server, the computer that is also 'from server ... in other tests with similar connections, but under-performing computer, appeared an annoying Warping ...

Apart from the test multiplayer, Bug FC3 are so many ... hope for a quick decisive Update ...

Hello I'll see you in the air

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:49 am
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback Diego. As you've mentioned, updates are needed for FC3, including MP stability.
Current DCSW state does not allow large scale MP events and unless ED sets MP as high priority task, TMC and OPS will remain out of reach. Moreover, they seem busy fixing the numerous SP bugs and inaccuracies so MP will obviously have to wait since the main market is essentially SP !
Maybe we should switch to ASAR and/or STTL events in the meantime to keep people busy. This kind of events doesn't require many players to be connected at the same time so they may be viable options for DCS world.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am

Perfect...I'm Waiting for next event!

See you!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next